Tuesday, November 29, 2022

Heading to Adulthood

Since I was a child I have thought that many people rush through life and always get to the next stage. When they are children they want to be teenagers, when they are teenagers they want to be young adults. When they are young adults they want to be adults and when they are adults they want to be retired.

I enjoy each stage and I was not interested in getting ahead of myself in my childhood, adolescence or young adult stage. Now I am an adult (it is so weird hahaha).

Hi, I am Ania Irina from the capital of Colombia, Bogotá. I am 33 years old, some people say that I look younger and others say that I am an old soul in a young body.

In the last ten years I have done things that I had planned and others that I had not.

At first I was not sure what to study but to sum it up I have a Nursing Assistant diploma, certificates from make-up art classes and a degree in Business Administration.

I worked in a company in the arts sector, where I could pursue my career as a business administrator and be in contact with the arts and where, as time went on, I started as an administrative assistant and ended up as a professional specialized in supervision support. I had been working in the District Institute of the Artes (Idartes) for around 9 years and I resigned in September of this year.

My family and I opened an academy of arts for children and teenagers and I had been the teacher of dance and drama. We love this project but when the pandemic appeared we decided to close it. At the same time in the same location we have a customs store that is still open.

I am trying to have the best practices now that I am next to the most special person in the world apart from my family, my husband. This year on July 29 I got married and with him I am having a completely new adventure in my life with a change of country, language and customs .

My family members and currents of thought based on well-being as a result of respect, common sense and empathy with us and everything that is part of our environment are the biggest influences in my life.

My father died last year due to covid and that made me think on a deeper level about the way I was leading my life.

We will see what happens…
~
Ania Irina - Colombia

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Evolution in English

In January 2023, my husband and I decided that we had to leave Cape Verde and try to find better support for our son in the USA. Due to his ...