Tuesday, September 20, 2022

My Yearly Path to Success

Every year brings something new for us, and I want to tell a little bit about my 10 years in the U.S.A. I arrived in September 2012 with my oldest son, and in December I started my first job at Subway, my friend's business. This year began my journey with the English language which was the greatest decision of my life.

In 2013, my oldest son started preschool which was the hardest year for both of us because he did not want to participate during the classes. This pushed me to ask the teacher to participate in the classroom because my son had a difficult time adjusting. I think this was the most important thing that I could do for him.

2014 was happier because my second son was born in this country. It was also a challenge delivering him in the local hospital, because my oldest was born in Poland, which does not have good medical help. Here, I felt like a queen in the hospital but in my country you do not have enough nurses to help with women's labor. In 2015 I finally got my driver's license. I think it was the hardest test for me during these 10 years.

2016 was successful because I became a mom for the third time, plus this was the year when we started looking for a house which was not easy to do. After almost two years of searching for a new home that would give us a quiet, safe place for my family, we bought a house which made me the happiest person in the world. I felt like my family had a cozy, warm, safe home. It was just for us!

In 2017, we took our first big, two-week round trip by car from RI across Canada, Michigan and Ohio. I had great memories with my family. We saw beautiful places which I had never seen, for example Sleeping Dunes which is part of northern Michigan. We made it! The beauty of nature is amazing. Now I understand people who love to travel and see how the world is formed.

In 2019 we took our first trip to Europe. After 7 years, my boys were going to see their grandparents from my husband's side of the family and see all their cousins from Poland. It was such a happy time for all of us.

2020 was crazy . It was Covid time, online school, bigger decisions about what to do with the payments for our house and finally we made the last mortgage payment . This was a successful goal for my husband and me.

In 2021 I passed my citizenship interview. Yippee!!

Now it’s 2022 and I am writing this assignment to share with my classmates. What can I say?! Every year is full of success. Sometimes there are small, unimportant situations, but for me, I am successful every single day when I wake up, get up from bed, make breakfast for my family, go to work, do the things that I like, and be happy with the small things. I want to make my life positive every day and never turn back. Never wonder if I do the right things. I just go step by step to feel happy. I would love to live, make good and bad decisions, and this will be the greatest lesson for me in the future.

~
Maria - Poland

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Evolution in English

In January 2023, my husband and I decided that we had to leave Cape Verde and try to find better support for our son in the USA. Due to his ...