Monday, October 10, 2022

Experience with Fireworks in America

A couple of months after I came to the United States, my kids and I were in the house but they were sleeping. Around 10 o’clock at night I saw a huge fire light outside beside our house that was sparkling. It made me think it was transformer was burning. I shouted and called my children. I was so scared and shouted fire! Fire!! Fire!!!

I was running out of the house, and they tried to stop me, but I was too scared to wait for them. I continued running into the street and they also ran, following me and asked what was burning. My elder daugher decided to call her dad and he called me immediately to ask what was going on, and I told him that the transformer had exploded. He laughed at me and told me it was not, that it was fireworks. I asked him what they call it. And he told me it’s bounger, which is what we call fireworks in Nigeria. I was surprised because in my country we have them from November to December. It was so much fun when we would light fireworks back home.

When I came back into the house my kids were laughing at me. I was laughing too. After that, they brought me to see the fireworks at McCoy Stadium and I saw a lot of fireworks there. When my husband came back home he was still laughing at me.
~
Adesola - Nigeria

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Evolution in English

In January 2023, my husband and I decided that we had to leave Cape Verde and try to find better support for our son in the USA. Due to his ...