Tuesday, February 6, 2024

A One-Hour Meeting With Medical Fairy Hua Tuo


Hua Tuo was an ancient medical scientist in about 145 to 208 years. He was famous for his miraculous medical skills. I knew his story from my mom. When I was a kid, my mom loved to tell us his story that encouraged us to study.

As I was a kid, I lived in a village where most families raised some chickens and pigs. It was an usual thing for people to come to our village to give chickens and pigs sterilization surgery. My mom told me this kind of surgery was known from Hua Tuo’s book, one of the medical books that was saved in the fire. I heard that most of his medical books had been burned. I wanted to meet him and save his accomplishment.

Starting my 1 hour time travel, I see a man who is old but does not look old with a long beard and long shirt. He is Hua Tuo, sitting on a table focused on recording his medical research. He is surprised to see me here dressed in a strange dress with a strange haircut. He seems smart and was not afraid to see me.

I shake his hand and say, “Hi, I am from the future. I am here to save your life and your medical books.”

Hua Tuo sinks into his thoughts and looks at me carefully, Then says, "How can I believe you?” I take out my iPad. ”This looks like a book, but is more than a book. It is our new technology. It records all your information. It said you died in jail because the emperor did not trust you, thinking you wanted to kill him by opening his head for treatment.”

Hua Tuo took the iPad in a very excited mood. The iPad let his mind open wide immediately. “How impressive, can I have one?”

“Sure, in exchange, I will take all of your medical books to my world and offer me a prescription so I can keep young and get rid of my grey hair.” My heart was giggling when I said that.

“Oh. That was easy, you saved my life and you let my medical skills spread all over the world. It will be my honour, young lady, you desire to be kept young,” said Hua Tuo in gratitude.

“Thank you, my medical fairy. It has been very nice to meet you. I hope you will have a wonderful life and use your skill to treat more people. I will distribute your medical books to medical centers in my world too." I was really happy and never thought I could have such great success in my life.

In the very last 10 mins, I leave my fully charged ipad with many downloaded materials that Hua Tuo may be interested in. I was sure his world wouldn’t have electricity and I gave him many power banks, enough for him to read all the information in my ipad. I feel sorry that is the only thing I can do.

3 , 2, 1. Here, back to my room. I look around. Yes, medical books!

~

Yan - China

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Evolution in English

In January 2023, my husband and I decided that we had to leave Cape Verde and try to find better support for our son in the USA. Due to his ...