Thursday, February 8, 2024

My Lost Experience


Well, I think being lost sometimes can be good but sometimes not at

all. Throughout my life I have been lost a lot of times, but at this

moment I want to talk about one day when I recently moved to Rhode

Island.


One day I tried to bring my mother-in-law and her niece to Burlington,

located in Bald Hill, Warwick. I had an idea of how to get there and I

tried to go without using GPS. So, here began the adventure. We got in

the car, I turned it on and took the route that I “knew”, but I made a

little mistake, I passed the exit that I was supposed to take and I

decided to take the next one…BIG MISTAKE!. This exit brought me to

the Walmart Supercenter on Plainfield, Cranston. Totally the opposite

way!


When we arrived there, I was happy because at least I knew where I

was (I recognized the place just because I had been there before), but

that was also the moment when I found out we were lost and I still was

denied to use the GPS because I wanted to challenge myself. So, I

started driving through street after street and places that still I have no

idea where it was. I just said, “Let’s see if I can get there or find another

known place while we are learning new places,” but after

approximately 15 minutes I gave up and I had to use the GPS. That was

when I noticed I was very far away from Burlington.


I think this was a funny experience, because we saw new beautiful

places while listening to music and laughing about our situation. The

bad side is that I used all my gas and we arrived late to our destination.


Fortunately it was still early and they had time to do their shopping in

Burlington.

~

by Marling F. - Dominican Republic

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Evolution in English

In January 2023, my husband and I decided that we had to leave Cape Verde and try to find better support for our son in the USA. Due to his ...